Sunday, May 20, 2012

New Rule







This is the new rule at my house (and within earshot of me).

I'm practicing it for myself, for sure.

I didn't lose 72.5 pounds (and more to come) only to put myself down because of this, that or the other thing.{and I'm always gonna have a bigger bottom than top - it's just part of my sexy self}


And I don't want to hear people I love beating up on themselves either.

I will be enforcing this. With ruthless compassion.

I hope you will too.

xo

p.s. And it's more than "beating up on myself (or yourself). It's deflecting compliments or negating them by saying things like, "but I've got a lot more weight to lose".

AND it's 74 pounds now! :D

p.p.s. Let's include strangers in this too! Stop making judgements based on how someone looks. 

1 comment:

Woz said...

So awesome. It's funny because I finally reached that place myself. I'm finding that because I no longer beat myself up, I rarely just others (I used to be horrible about it!). Amazing what loving yourself can do, isn't it?

Love you.